Job Vacancy – Catering Assistant
Catering Assistant Required
A great opportunity has arisen within the Priory Centre. The ability to adapt to situations is essential, some prep work is required, must be a team player and work well under pressure. Customer service is most important and self-motivation, drive and energy a must.
Responsible for setting up and closing down the prep area, customer service, operating a till, general cleaning jobs, vending, hospitality service. Previous basic food hygiene and stock rotation is desirable.
Hours of Work
Monday to Saturday (two days a week) 09:00 to 16:00, plus holiday cover as required.
£8.19 per hour
The Catering Assistant reports to the Centres Manager and will be responsible for the day to day running and management of the kitchen area which includes the handling and preparation of all food or meals served from the coffee bar area including salads, soups, jacket potatoes, hot pies, desserts, or other foods. You will also assist in the planning and pricing of menu items, ordering supplies and keep detailed records of stock movement, expiry dates, fridge temperatures, cleaning of equipment and wastage.
• Time management • Being assertive • Being creative and progressive • Maintaining quality and hygiene • Oral and written communication • Teamwork and team management • Multitasking • Organization and administration • Food preparation and presentation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all operational tasks are completed safely and efficiently as/when required
- To serve customers from the counter as required
- Clear away all used crockery and cutlery from the tables after use
- Ensure the cleanliness of the seating areas at all times
- To have a hands-on approach and to get involved with the many aspects i.e. cleaning duties etc.
- To support and communicate regularly and effectively with the Manager and to ensure all issues are acknowledged and discussed during their absence.
- To use the kitchen diary as a tool in effectively recording and tracking issues
- To ensure daily administration records are complete, accurate and actioned in a timely fashion
- To consistently check produce before service for freshness and flavour
- To report any issues with food quality and freshness to the Manager
- To follow the correct food and hygiene standards
- To follow the Stock Labeling and Rotation System to ensure the products are identifiable and used in the correct order
- To ensure the kitchen is always presentable
- To ensure cleaning checklists are adhered to
- To ensure the correct use of all cleaning materials and chemicals
- To communicate with the Manager on a regular basis regarding all stock levels
- To keep stock usage, wastage, loss and breakages in the kitchen to a minimum level and to record accordingly
- To check quality of stock for freshness, weight, use by dates and communicate issues to the Manager
- To ensure all relevant records are complete and are accurate
- To minimise unnecessary breakages of all kitchen equipment
- To ensure cleaning and maintenance of kitchen machinery and equipment is completed in line with the Kitchen Cleaning Schedule and Kitchen Period Checklists
- Request assistance and / or training where necessary
For an application form or further details either visit the Priory Centre or call 01480 388922.
Closing date: Sunday 30th April 2017.